Last fall, I scored most of a free moped off Craigslist. I tinkered with it enough last fall to get it running, and then left it alone all winter.
Despite the fact that owning a moped is in absolutely no way practical or useful to me, I've decided to get this one running well and looking good. Now, I know absolutely jack about mopeds, but I'm not one to half-ass anything, so I'm going all in. I've miraculously managed to track down all the parts missing off this moped, despite the fact that it's somewhat obscure. Tonight, I started pulling everything apart. The plan is to completely disassemble the moped (minus the engine and gearbox, which are working just fine, I'll just pull them out as one unit and clean them), clean everything, remove surface rust, sand and paint everything, and clean/polish/replace the hardware as needed. I want every piece of it to look shiny and new.
I'll only have a few hours a week in the evenings to accomplish this, but I'm hoping to make steady progress. Here is tonight's progress.